John offers expert private instruction in piano, composition, music theory, and ear training. He has taught privately for 16 years and for 5 years was the Director of Keyboard Studies and taught Music Theory/Aural Skills at Eastern University.
What can you expect from lessons with John?
• Casual and low pressure environment, but with high expectations.
• Flexible and individualized instruction.
• Expert knowledge but relatable to both beginning and advanced students.
John will consider a student of any level, but he is especially helpful to:
• Students preparing for conservatory and university auditions.
• Advanced students and professionals looking to further their own study.
• Individuals looking to study music theory or composition privately.
Please contact for lesson rates.
“John guided me to find the nuances of the music as they related to the composer’s intent and my own style of playing. He helped me merge the two in countless creative and exciting ways, giving equal attention to style and technique.”
“...the way John teaches is amazing ... I would have never been able to picture myself where I am now.”